In India and around the world, many women over the age of 40 suffer in silence. There are looming health disasters waiting to happen, but they brush them off as a minor niggle, potentially leading to disastrous consequences.
And your mother could be one of them.
Take care of the health of the most important woman in your life, by gifting her a lifetime of health & happiness. We make it easy for you by getting your doctor online, so you can find a doctor near you on Practo.com.
To help you get started, here is a list of the most common problems affecting women over the the age of 40, and how to identify them.
1. Heart Disease
If your mother comes from a family with a history of heart disease, then she is very likely to develop problems in her advanced age. Getting her checked for these diseases is a prudent move.
- Heart defects you’re born with
- Coronary artery disease
- High blood pressure
- Excessive use of caffeine
- Excessive Stress
Symptoms of a Stroke :
- Discomfort, pressure, heaviness, or pain in the chest, arm, or below the breastbone.
- Discomfort radiating to the back, jaw, throat, or arm.
- Fullness, indigestion, or choking feeling (may feel like heartburn).
- Sweating, nausea, vomiting, or dizziness.
- Extreme weakness, anxiety, or shortness of breath.
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats.
Cancer can affect anyone these days, and there are so many different types, that we need to mount our defences against them all. Read this information brochure from Cancer Patients Aid Association to know more about the common types of cancer affecting women in India.
- Prolonged exposure to carcinogens (Smoke, asbestos etc)
- Heredity (It could be in your genes)
- Weak immune system
- Advancing age
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- Excessive Fatigue
- Skin Changes
- Sores that do not heal
Please note that cancer symptoms are specific to the area they affect. See a doctor if you are worried about a certain symptom.
Find a Cancer specialist (Oncologist) near you
According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, women are four times more likely than men to develop osteoporosis, and it can strike at any age. Early detection of Low-bone densities can significantly stop the progression of the disease.
- Estrogen deficiency
- Lack of Calcium and Vitamin-D
- Thyroid conditions
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Pain in the spine
- Developing a hunch
- Loss of height
Find a Bone specialist (Orthopedist) near you
4. Chronic Respiratory Diseases
Respiratory illnesses such as Asthma, Emphysema or Bronchitis are tedious to treat if they have sufficiently advanced. Watch out for these symptoms and see a doctor immediately if required.
- Exposure to allergens (Pollen, dust)
- Exposure to pollutants (Smoke, fumes)
- Feeling like you’re not getting enough air
- Decreased ability to exercise
- A cough that won’t go away
- Pain or discomfort when breathing in or out
- Tightness in the chest
Find an ENT specialist near you
Getting a headstart in diagnosing such diseases is crucial. Gift your mother a lifetime of health & happiness this Mother’s Day.
Very Good One , Team.
Keep those welcoming moves up…